Taggy Stuff | Sunshine Blogger
Another little taggy game is making the rounds and it reached me through Socallucyfan’s blog One Moore Legacy. It’s a cute little ISBI blog and I’ve only just started reading it, but I can already tell it’s going to be a lovely read, so go check it out. Thank you very, very much for the nomination – I’m so glad you thought of me.
Now, full disclosure – I don’t plan on tagging others or making up questions. I normally love that stuff, but I’m very tired and headache-y, so I’ll only answer the questions from Socallucyfan. Once again, thanks for the nomination, and here we go…
A note on the picture: It was attached to the others’ posts and I decided to use it as well. It was originally by Karilan, so full credit to them. I’ve resized it a little because it originally was very, very big. I hope that’s okay. Now, onwards!!!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to creative, positive, inspiring bloggers who spread sunshine to the blogging community.
- In a blog post, thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
- If you could change places with anyone for 24 hours, who would it be?
I’d say someone who’s doing something interesting. Someone who lives in a different culture or who’s travelling somewhere nice. It would be a convenient way to see something new 🙂
- Any hidden talents?
I’m pretty good at cooking and baking. People also tell me I have a neat handwriting (I guess you can sort of judge that yourself from the small sample you get on the Monte Vista Story’s Previous/Next buttons – I’ll add one at the bottom of this post).
- What is the last thing that you bought?
I believe it was a latte on board the ferry yesterday, if I’m not mistaken.
- What are you wearing right now?
Worn out jeans (seriously, I need new ones), a dark blue blouse, an orange sweater, two pairs of socks, my bear slippers, and a fleece blanket with sleeves. I know – stylish.
- Read any good books recently?
The last book I finished was Mythos by Stephen Fry and that was pretty good – it’s a retelling of a ton of Greek myths and it was very well-written and entertaining. I’m also currently reading Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson and yup – also good. But then I love pretty much everything he writes.
- What inspires you to get up in the morning?
If you don’t mind my sounding a little grumpy: Right now I’m inspired to get out of bed by my stupid brain deciding that I’m awake at 5 in the morning. I have a feeling this question was supposed to be more positive and that I was supposed to talk about something I love doing or someone who keeps me going when things get tough… can’t think of anything. I’m just too cranky.
- Heard any funny jokes recently?
Not really, no.
- What is your favorite color?
I’m very fond of turquoise, light blue, soft pink, lime green, and orange.
- Who is your favorite character from your blog?
That’s hard to say. One of my three CoM main characters, probably – Genevieve, Nadir, or Celeste. I’m not sure, because I think all three are fun to write and cool in their own ways. Genevieve is fun and challenging to write. Nadir I think is an interesting character because he’s different from many male characters. Celeste I like because she’s different from myself, because she’s relaxed, positive, and enjoys life. Not many of my characters are like that.
- How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
3½. On a good day.
- Are there any random facts about your blog that you want to share?
I can think of a couple of things, sure:
– I always obsessively check that everything looks right after I’ve changed layout/added posts. It’s super satisfying to just click around on my blog and see how it looks. I think it looks nice.
– I sort of regret adding the ‘sims’ to my blog title because I would like to talk about writing, tropes, and so on that’s not necessarily Sims related. Maybe I’ll just do it anyway some day because I’m a rebel*.
– I’ve had websites on/off (but mostly on) since I was 12 or 13 (that’s 15-16 years). At first I used services where it built your websites for you and you just did some Word-like editing. I eventually learnt HTML and CSS and had my own domain. For a while I only had a Tumblr blog and now I’m on WordPress as you might know. I’ve nearly always been sharing stories or artworks on my websites/blogs.
There we are – this was fun. Thanks for reading if you made it this far and sorry for the grumps that come out. I probably should have left this to another day… oh well, I still had fun and now that my headache is fading, maybe I can relax a bit 🙂
Another thank you to Socallucy fan for the chance to do this and I’ll see everyone for the next post.
Handwriting sample – in case you’re curious, that’s my handwriting (when I write capital letters, anyway).
* Disclaimer: I am not a rebel. I am the least rebellious person on the planet. I take no responsibility for any rebellions of yours that fail due to my involvement.