Taggy Stuff | Versatile Blogger Award
It’s that time again where I got tagged. This time I’ve been tagged by lovely Rosemary whose blog Booomcha is just a delight. She’s a great writer and one of the kindest people in the Sims community. I’m happy she thought of me for this. The rules for the award are as such:
- Write 7 interesting facts about yourself
- Nominate 15+ amazing bloggers for this award. That’s a lot of bloggers when you’re a newbie. I won’t be offended if you choose not to “do anything with it.”
So I’ll start with the facts (I hope they’re actually interesting):
- I’m pretty much bilingual, with my mother tongue being Danish and my secondary language being English. I’ve sometimes been asked if I’ve lived abroad, but I’ve just learnt English from school, media, and the Internet. Denmark is a good country for learning English, because we don’t dub our movies unless they’re for small children – instead we have subtitles. Other than Danish and English, I know a little German, French, Latin, and ancient Greek.
- My first completed “novel” was hand-written in an A5 notebook when I was 12 – it was 72 pages long, though with my big, clumsy handwriting, that’s not a lot. It was a carbon copy of the tv-show Columbo which I was super into. I changed the name of the main character and came up with a dumb case for him to solve – I don’t think you can expect better than a copycat thing from a 12-year-old. I am proud of the interesting spelling-mistakes, though. I mistook the word ‘residence’ for ‘resistance’ (the words are pretty much the same in Danish, though spelling differs) and yes, that’s a silly mistake, but I still knew those words as a twelve-year-old, and I think that’s cool.
- I’m a gamer. I like games that are open-ended, creative, story-based, and where you can collect and explore stuff – seriously, that’s like crack to me – I won’t say no to a good 3D platformer, either. Oh, and pixelart rocks my world. Some of my favourite games include: Terraria, the Ace Attorney series, Slime Rancher, Stardew Valley, Portal/Portal 2, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and Banjo-Kazooie/Banjo-Tooie. They’re in no particular order, apart from Terraria – that one’s probably my favourite of all time.
- I once won an ancient Greek contest. I had to read, translate, and analyse a little bit of a Greek tragedy (Iphigenia in Aulis – it’s great, go read it and everything else by Euripides) and I won a trip to Greece. Sadly, that never came to be. Greece’s economy was (is?) not great, and I instead received a few complimentary gifts. My teacher got me some scholarship money to travel for instead, though, and I ended up spending them on a trip to Italy in 2014 which was pretty much the greatest trip I’ve ever been on.
- I use the Oxford comma when I write in English, and I wish we had it in Danish. It’s lovely, neat, and useful.
- In winter, I live in big sweaters and slippers. My boyfriend jokes that I run about the house, leaving sweaters wherever I go. He’s not too far off.
- I freaking love tea, especially good (that is: loose leaf) tea. I prefer green and white teas, though I’ll avoid green tea if I know that it’s made with boiling water (it makes it all bitter). Though many would say you’re not a true tea aficionado if you drink it with sugar, I don’t care. I take mine with a little, because it enhances the taste.
Now, as for tagging, I’m a little headache-y and tired today, so I’d rather save some energy and leave it to others who have been tagged. So I’d like to direct another thanks to Rosemary and to everyone reading. I hope you have a great day – I, for one, will enjoy that the weather isn’t freezing (the temperature is over 10 degrees celsius – for a Dane, that’s practically tropical) and hope that I have the energy for a spot of writing later.
I’ll see you guys in the next post. Cheers!