Taggy Stuff | Versatile Blogger Award
I’m still versatile! At least that’s what Freja64 of The Grey Witches thinks, she’s nominated me for this award 🙂 If you haven’t already checked out her stuff, go do it – she’s wonderful with characters and pictures and sweet slice-of-life depictions.
The rules are, as follows:
- Write 7 interesting facts about yourself
- Nominate 15+ amazing bloggers for this award.
So, let’s talk facts:
- My boyfriend is the first and only boyfriend I’ve ever had. We met when I was 24 and moved in together after dating for little over half a year. That might seem like we were moving overly fast, but I haven’t regretted it for a second. He’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me.
- I draw, mostly digitally. I’ve dug out some of my old fanart and dropped it into a little slideshow for you guys to see. They’re pretty old, but not too shabby, I think. There’s also a more recent sketch I did (probably last year) of Vittoria:
- I can’t say what my one favourite meal is. The idea is silly, because even if I really love a meal, I can get tired of eating it if I have it too much. The closest I can get to a favourite meal is soup. Like, I adore nearly all soups, but especially soups made with lots of fresh vegetables and homegrown herbs. Speaking off…
- Fresh herbs are awesome. Boyfriend and I have fresh rosemary in our garden and we’re going to start growing some again soon – our plans are to grow parsley, dill, thyme, and perhaps basil. I’m not huge on gardening, but I love growing herbs for cooking. We also have a little strawberry patch.
- I’ve mentioned what I like, now here’s one thing I cannot eat: raw onions. Or things that taste sort of close to raw onions, so we’re talking raw leek, raw spring onions, and so on (I have a lot of people protesting that raw leeks taste nothing like raw onions, so maybe they don’t to others but to me, it’s same-same – can’t eat it). I love it all when it’s cooked, but raw, it almost makes me vomit.
- I’ve had trouble reading books lately, so now I’ve started listening to audiobooks. I find that it’s hard to drop everything to sit with a physical book and do nothing else, so I decided to try audiobooks – I can listen while I cook, knit, draw, play games (that aren’t heavy on story), make poses, take Sims pictures… you probably get the picture. I started listening to the books in the Glamourist Histories series by Mary Robinette Kowal, because I know her from a writing podcast (Writing Excuses, if you want to know – it’s great!) and I know she narrates her own books and has a lovely voice. It’s really made me enjoy reading again 🙂
- I have hated math literally my entire life. I had a shitty teacher in first through fifth grade who would tell us that we didn’t understand anything. Ever since, I’ve dreaded it and I passed by the skin of my teeth in high school. Fast forward to now and I’m doing math because I want to be a programmer. Because my teacher is great at explaining and I’m working extremely hard, it’s going pretty well. I’m… actually good at math. That still feels bizarre.
So, yeah, facts! This was fun. Once again, I’m going to avoid tagging anyone and merely say that if you feel like writing facts about yourself – go for it!
Thanks again to Freja64 for the tag and thanks to you for reading if you made it this far 🙂 Tomorrow is actually a chapter day, so I should probably get the next chapter ready for you guys 🙂 I’ll see you then, and until then – take care.